Tuesday, August 12, 2008

New Semester Resolution

This week is the third week of the semester. Meaning that a quarter of the semester has past. So far so good, just have to find some time to catch up with studies. Still playing basketball and I feel I've improved since my training with Mr.Chia. Yes! He taught me a couple of things that I never concentrated on. There was the physical part of training where there was lots of jumping and the most effective jumping exercise was on benches. Basics and shooting techniques was what he taught me. I was able to make new friends, young and old. Me and bro trained at 41/2 mile primary school.

The primary school students were quite nice. They were kind of different compared to some other mischievous kids. They really had good manners and treated us as their big brothers and always challenging us for a little one on one game for their friends to see. Of course, we couldn't turn them down. So, we gave them a little show to watch. Haha, it wasn't bullying but giving the little guys a few pointers. I also got to know the coach of the school and it was so hilarious that he told me to be his assistant coach for his primary six students for the next year. Can't make it, sorry got studies. Anyway, the best part of the training is that after we were exhausted from physical training we still got to play with these guys in a full court game.

The two best players on the court was Mr.Chia and Bert. Mr.Chia is the total package of a basketball player. He's got speed, toughness, court awareness, shooting accuracy, and high jumping ability whereas his friend bert has height and great 3 pointer accuracy. The matter of fact that Mr.Chia can dunk with two hands while he is hanging in the air with his height only reaching 170+ cm is enough to award him the best player I've seen personally. Furthermore, nobody can stop him from shooting 3 pointers from the perimeter. 3 pointer jump shots. This isn't exaggerated.

Waiting for the coming 3 on 3 competition...aiming for 1st place. If not at least 2nd runner up...not too much to ask. But first got to find another three teammates. Wish me luck.
I found two DVDs of six movies of the late Bruce Lee. Damn respect him man. He stood up for his race which was very ill treated by foreigners and also some other bad characters. He kicked their asses with his chinese boxing.

No comments: